Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Free Outdoor Seating!


As our class walked back from San Clemente Church on Tuesday, a few of us stopped for paninis and drinks in one of the bars on the way back to the classroom. It was called “Cin Cin’s Bar” (cin cin means “cheers” in English – had I really found a Cheers Bar in Roma?!) and contained many outdoor chairs decorated with coffee bean pictures and the tops of the tables said ‘espresso’, ‘caffe’, and ‘gelato’. I decided this was going to be the next stop on my caffé bar tour, so I went inside and ordered a cappuccino. It came in a very modern mug which said “feel” in red, and I noticed all of the other mugs behind the counter had similar action verbs printed on them as well. This place was definitely trying to appeal to a younger, “hipper” audience and obviously it had worked (haha). I paid right away and then went outside to sit without having to worry about paying extra which was a welcomed change. The cappuccino was not the best I have had thus far, but it was still tasty none the less. I did notice that it had more foamy milk than usual and not nearly as much espresso. Overall, I think I enjoyed the atmosphere and the décor more than the actual drink; it was fun to sit and watch all of the tour-groups hustle towards the Coliseum in the distance.

No comments: