Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oran’t You Glad You Chose Caffé delle Arange?


The other morning I decided to wake up early and visit the Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere. It was not as crowded as it typically is in the evenings, yet the coffee bars were still bustling about at a decent pace. Instead of grabbing a quick cappuccino at one of these places, I decided to sit down outside of the Caffé delle Arange. On the inside and outside of the small shop, shelves overflowed with oranges and lemons which filled the entire space with an enticing citrusy smell. I ordered a tall glass of orange juice and people-watched until it had arrived. Most people were bee-lining it to their cars or to work I presume, while others chatted calmly and sipped on their lattes. The juice was served in a large glass flute, and when it hit my lips I knew I had made the right choice that morning. I could tell that it was handmade and recently squeezed. It also contained the perfect amount of pulp, and the citrus was not overpowering. If you want the best juice that I have found so far in Rome, visit the Caffé delle Arange for the atmosphere and enjoy the fresh taste of orange while you’re at it!

No comments: